Sunday, October 9, 2011
Super, man
With every kiss
your beauty trumps my doubt.
And my head told my heart
"Let love grow."
But my heart, told my head,
"This time no, this time no."
--Mumford and Sons, "Winter Winds"
It's getting just a little chilly in the mornings. Which is good, I think. It allows me to wear my jacket when I ride to work. My leather riding jacket does two things.
First, it increases my cool factor. Since the 1950's, blue jeans and black leather jackets have been the epitome of cool. Showing up on a motorcycle certainly helps too.
Second, my riding jacket makes me feel invincible--which also, in a way, increases my cool factor. The internal protective shields, and the way the jacket protects me from the wind makes me feel like I am impervious to not only physical harm, but emotional and social harm as well. It's similar to the effect the yellow light of the sun has on Superman. And the marked difference in confidence (I imagine) is a total magnet for... good things.
It's been a busy week, as I believe all of the next 11 weeks will be. Working full-time, and taking two graduate literature courses in addition to the National Guard and my personal fitness program fills every waking hour, it seems. I rarely have the time, or make the time to go out and socialize with friends. However, last night I did go see a movie featuring Hugh Jackman and robot boxing. Very cheesy, yet inspiring, in a strange fighting sort of way. I left the theater wanting to take a swing at someone. (It's a good thing I wasn't wearing my riding jacket at the time.) I'm not sure the young woman who accompanied me felt the same way, but at least she got to look at Hugh Jackman for two hours. That may actually have been the best part of her night, but then, she hasn't seen me in my riding jacket yet. (Wink and a nod.)
And that's my invincible week in a Nutshell,
Hop
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment